Product and User Experience are not just "the future" anymore.
Product and UX are the present, and organizations without them are dissolving.
The most disciplined competitor takes careers and customers from the less disciplined.
Best practices for Product and UX provide the highest probability of success.
Imagine a "new normal" for your organization:
- a product that sells itself
- clients who become excited on sight of your products
- a faster, cheaper, more confident development process, with few late changes and delays
These are all things I do.
- research with real customers from outside the building
- focus on the winning ideas, killing off the losers before they cost time and money
- design products that excite clients and stakeholders
- manage development to keep the business moving confidently
I back up my statements with a decade of experience in the Product / UX field.
- designed and deployed a startup product over the course of 2.5 years
- served multiple companies at Accenture
- worked at Nokia in 2009 & predicted their collapse 5 years in advance for lack of product focus
- performed cutting edge research at NASA and Carnegie Mellon, including work on one of the first iPhone apps, and research for the software that later became Siri, the iPhone voice assistant
Location: Greenpoint, New York City